Marriage – 100 questions to ask a potential mate
Marriage is a very important step in a Muslims life, something that should not be taken lightly at all – so in keeping with Islamic tradition it is important to ‘interview’ your prospective mate – yes it is not a job interview but asking the right questions can help you in deciding if this is the right person for you. After getting your answers to these questions it is probably a good idea to pray Istikhara prayer (guidance prayer) and ask Allah if this is the person who you are to marry and have a family with. Inshallah this list will be a benefit to you. I am only posting the first 20 … please click the link to see the rest.
- What is your concept of marriage?
- Have you been married before?
- Are you married now?
- What are you expectations of marriage?
- What are your goals in life? (long and short term)
- Identify three things that you want to accomplish in the near future.
- Identify three things that you want to accomplish, long term.
- Why have you chosen me/other person as a potential spouse?
- What is the role of religion in your life now?
- Are you a spiritual person?
- What is your understanding of an Islamic marriage?
- What are you expecting of your spouse, religiously?
- What is your relationship between yourself and the Muslims community in your area?
- Are you volunteering in any Islamic activities?
- What can you offer your zawj (spouse), spiritually?
- What is the role of the husband?
- What is the role of the wife?
- Do you want to practice polygamy?
- What is your relationship with your family?
- What do you expect your relationship with the family of your spouse to be?